8 Day Best Hawaii Big Island Adventure tour【Small Group】
• Zodiac island cruise & snorkelling adventure • Tour the sacred Waipio Valley with a local guide • Incredible hiking trails at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park • Camp by remote beaches on the ocean’s edge • Fantastic opportunities to spot Green Sea Turtles
At least 1 traveler
Select number of GUESTS, ROOMS, DATE:
- Punaluʻu Beach
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Akaka Falls State Park
Day1 Kailua-Kona Town - Punalu'u Beach Park
Hurry up! Only Three Seats Left in October
The West Coast of Hawaii is known as ‘Kona Side’ and is famous for its awesome weather. Sample some of the most delicious coffee on a tour of a Kona Coffee Farm.
Next up is an activity you are sure to fall in love with. As you get your swimwear on, board Zodiac-style motorboats and take to the water for an island tour and included snorkelling at Kealakekua Bay Park. Keep an eye out for dolphins and other wildlife.
End today with a night at Ho’okena Beach Park, for a night camping on the pristine sand– what a first day!
Camping food kitty applies to this tour
Day2 Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
First up, you have time to explore Punalu’u Black Sand Beach and Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historic Park on foot. You’ll take tons of photos and have the opportunity to spot the friendly Honu (Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles) that frequent the area. Of course, we can’t guarantee you’ll see them, but keep watch on the beaches or in the crystal clear waters throughout your trip.
Next we turn up the volume as you enter Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, home to one of the most active volcanoes in the world, Kilauea. Hike the trails over smoking ground and through old lava tubes. For the next two nights you’ll overnight just outside the national park in cabins.
Day3 Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Today, we will continue our adventure in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and overnight in canbins. Due to the ongoing volcanic activity in Volcanoes National Park, your tour may have changes. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Day4 Hilo Wailuku River State Park
The historic town of Hilo is also home to the Wailuku River State Park where you’ll visit the gorgeous 25 metre-high Rainbow Falls and the famous Boiling Pots. End your day with a walk down the ‘Hilo Walk of Fame’ where you can see Banyan Trees planted by celebrities.
Day5 Akaka Falls State Park - Laupahoehoe Beach
Cruise along Onomea Scenic Drive , a beautiful stretch of road that snakes through lush tropical rainforest. The road will lead you straight to Akaka Falls State Park where you’ll hike to the stunning Akaka Falls, which plummets 130 metres! End at Laupahoehoe Beach where you’ll be spending the night by the ocean’s edge.
Day6 Waipio Valley - Hawi Town - Spencer Park Beach
This morning you stop at Tex Drive where you have the option to devour a delicious Hawaiian sensation - fresh malasadas (deep fried dough balls covered in sugar). You continue following the coast to a viewpoint for the sacred and unbelievably beautiful Waipio Valley . A locally led tour of the valley and introduction to Hawaiian history and culture is included, which will help you to dig beneath the surface of this beautiful area. Afterwards you’ll have free time to explore the small town of Hawi . Drift off to the sounds of crashing waves with a night on another night on the beach, where you spend the next two nights.
Day7 Lapakahi State Park
Lapakahi State Park is a rugged coastal park which’ll give you a glimpse of life as a Native Hawaiian. Today is a free day, but why not hike to the black sand beach of Pololu Valley? In the evening, you could opt for a sunset cruise and toast to your final night on the big island. Mahalo!
Sunset sailboat cruise US$87
Day8 Kiholo Bay - Kailua-Kona Town
Spend the morning exploring the beach, shopping for souvenirs or taking one last coastal hike - or for a final hurrah, take a helicopter ride over the stunning Kohala Coast. Finally, it’s time to head back to Kona Town where your Hawaiian adventure comes to an end!
This tour ends at approximately 17:00 hrs. We can book you post tour accommodation at our gateway hotel if required. If you are planning to fly tonight, please do not book a flight that departs before 21:00 hrs.
Our routes have been carefully chosen to include the best overnight stops, highlights and included experiences, with plenty of optional activities to choose from. So get ready for one awesome adventure!
Helicopter flight (Waikaloa) US$219-$266
Price Special Note
- Our tours usually depart at 07:30am and finish around 5:00pm at designated hotels in our gateway cities, so it's a great idea to book a room for the night before and after your tour. It's also worth staying extra nights to explore the city more. You must book these hotels in advance either online with your tour or by contacting our friendly sales team.
- KONA TOWN - ROYAL KONA RESORT
- 75-5852 Ali'i Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
- • Services of a Friendly tour leader
- • Private transportation
- • All accommodation, camping fees & equipment (except sleeping bag)
- • You will only need to contribute US$15 a day for a FOOD KITTY on this trips which covers all your meals whilst camping
- (US$10 x 8 days)
ROYAL KONA RESORT 75-5852 Ali'i Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
- AIRPORT TRANSFER INFORMATION
- You can pre-book your transfer on the SpeediShuttle website for a shared ride from the airport to the Royal Kona Resort to ensure there is a transfer waiting for you. Alternatively you can catch a 9 mile taxi from the airport for around US$30-$32.
- • This tour requires a minimum number of five to operate. On rare occasions we may run with lower numbers.
- • There are loads of exciting optional activities available for you to choose from during your trip giving you the flexibility to do the things you want to and leave out the things you don't. Your tour leader will arrange your chosen activities during the tour so no need to pre-book. You'll also pay for these locally so ensure you budget for the bucket list items!
- EXCITING OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES LIST:
- 1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
- 2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
- 3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation are confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
Terms and Conditions
- - Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- - Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- - Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.